| Home | Centre for Research and Intervention in Education | Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences | University of Porto |
Using Education Research procedures, the Observatory has the following general objectives:
- Understand, analyze, disseminate and discuss the social reality of kindergartens, primary schools and secondary schools of the northern part of Portugal;
- Provide information that can support decision making in matters of education policy and in the design and development of educational projects in schools;
- To be a supporting setting for the development of other national and international research projects.
- To implement a network of information collection based on the use of research methodologies and protocols, which purpose is to establish access to updated information about life in schools;
- To produce knowledge in two core areas that have implications in schools’ decisions: teaching - learning processes and school climate and organization.
- Produce knowledge in different domains with implications on the schools ways of life, concerning namely with education policies, curriculum development, school administration, teacher education, educational relationships and informal relationships that happen in schools;
- To meet the specific educational and relational processes experienced in different schools;
- To create devices for updated systematic dissemination of produced knowledge;
- To enable prospective discussions between members of educational practitioners and educational researchers communities about national and international results of the observatory's projects.
- To establish partnerships with other national and international observatories.